Do you want to go swimming? Everyone wants to nowadays but due to the coronavirus, everyone is stuck in their homes and the public swimming pools are not going to open anytime soon.
What should be done? Then suddenly you remember that you have an empty backyard! You can buy a swimming pool pump and enjoy the warm weather in your homes. But, you aren’t sure which pool pump to buy? Don’t worry. This article contains all the answers to your questions. Keep reading to find out our recommended pool pumps from juggernaut brand Hayward. Here is a table of the best Hayward pool pump options as we see them.
The pool pump is indeed the core of the pool network. As with an automobile engine, the pool pump is the main element of the pool as well as spa filtering cycle.
In easy words, a pool pump is composed of an ‘electric motor’ and a ‘wet end;’ a concrete seal is covering the engine from the damp side. Many pool pumps are inertial self-priming, with a sealed container usually regarded as the pump housing.
Additional Recommended Resources
- What Size Pump Do I Need For My Above Ground Pool?
- Learning How To Replace A Pool Pump Motor Properly In 2021
- Figuring Out How To Circulate Pool Water Without A Pump
- How To Wire A Pool Pump Safely and Effectively In 2021
Pool Pump Components
Learning the pieces of your pool pump and also the basic idea as to how the pump and the engine work, can be extremely beneficial in a fast evaluation and fixing. The five main components of a pool pump are mentioned below.
- Water inlet: The pump forces purified and treated water via a series of inlets back into the pool, also named jets. The small inlet ports produce extra water pressure so that the water is fired into the pool instead of simply running into it.
- Water outlet: Water outlets are the opening of pools where water for circulation passes outside the pool. It sucks water through the skimmer.
- Filter: To remove debris and toxins, the filter is used in pool pumps to circulate water from the pool and back to the tank.
- Impeller: The Impeller is a propeller used to enhance the pool water tension. An impeller requires power to produce water flow.
- Motor: The motor is electrically operated, and the energy allows the rotor to turn as the electromagnetic points draw and repel one another in turn. The motor is attached to the impeller.
Speed Options For Swimming Pool Pumps
Pool pumps have evolved over the years since they had been first developed, and have transformed from only one to three kinds on the industry.
It is the most inexpensive in comparison to certain other pool pumps which is why it is the most successful to the pool owners. With one device this pool pump will erase dust as well as other pollutants. It works on a standard motor with 3.450 RPMs (revolutions per minute).
The pump can adjust its velocity. When required it can be adjusted from 1,725 RPMs at slower speeds to 3,450 RPMs. This is widely used in spas that involve low velocity during filtration, and elevated velocity during jet motion.
With this pool pump, the person can select the velocity to be used. In comparison to a single-speed pump, it can minimize energy costs and does stronger filtration.
Flow Rate Matters When Selecting A Hayward Pool Pump
The pool pump’s first role is to move the chlorinated water across the filter and then back within the pool. To do this, the pump should have the least flow speed in gallons per minute which will enable it to flow the water across the filter in a specified period.
Moreover, calculating the ‘head loss’ or ‘friction loss’ caused by pool equipment such as filters and cleaners requires flow rate. That is why flow speed is an essential factor when buying a pool pump.
Above Ground vs Inground Pool Pumps
The major difference between the in-ground and above-ground pool pumps is that the in-ground pumps are “self-priming,” but the aboveground pumps are not.
This applies to the pump’s power to enhance water upward, as most pumps are situated above water level, and many aboveground pumps are located underwater level. An above-ground is the inexpensive choice for a pool, ever though. The major drawback of an above-ground pool is that it usually doesn’t bring much benefit to your house.
Our Top 5 Choices For The Best Hayward Pool Pump
Hayward has the sector’s widest variety of pool pumps, ensuring you get the ultimate pool pump. From existing norm single-speed pumps to variable-speed energy-efficient motors, all pumps provide efficient and consistent performance. Most Hayward pool pumps operate 8 to 12 years with daily usage, before requiring maintenance.
Now you know almost everything about a pool pump and the Hayward Company. So, let’s have a look at our top 5 options for the Hayward pool pump.
This pool pump is manufactured by Hayward and weighs 34.4 pounds. The dimensions of this pool pump are 29 x 10.25 x 11.5 inches. It is available in different sizes. It is available on BW Incorporated. It is ranked as #5 in Pool Pump Replacement Parts & Accessories section.
Let’s have a look at the characteristics of this outstanding product.
Features of the Hayward SP2607X10
It is well known for its power and durability. It is a high-quality, heavy-duty engine with air-flow breathing for smoother and colder service. It comprises of a mounting basis which also offers the flexibility for just about any configuration necessity and provides secure and stress-free aid. This adjusts engines with 48- and 56-frame systems.
The unique flip-away hand buttons allow the simple detachment of the strainer covering which ensures no tools, foreign objects, or fasteners are needed. It allows you to view when the basket needs to be washed. It also includes a large bucket of the litter with additional leaf carrying room for less major repairs.
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP2607X10
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Hayward pool pump options. While it may seem like all Hayward pool pump options are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Hayward SP2607X10.
- The 4 bolt access and the mounting feature make it extremely easy to install.
- With 1HP, the pump can easily cater to large in-ground pools or spas without losing efficiency.
- It is extremely durable and long-lasting due to its heat and corrosion-resistant features.
- The transparent strainer cover and big debris basket with capacity for leaves make it easy to clean without worrying about clogging.
- While the power is high, the machine still runs smoothly and has a silent operation.
- The Hayward sp2607x10 is not suitable for smaller or above ground pools. Its heavy-duty power will render itself inefficient as you will be using too much energy for a relatively small task.
- The shaft seal of this model needs some improvement to optimize the machine.
- There is only one speed available. So, you cannot let the pool pump adapt to external hindrances during rain or an excess of leaf fall.
Overall Verdict on this Hayward Pool Pump
Finding the best pool pump is extremely important unless you want your pool to be a cesspool of bacteria. The Hayward sp2607x10, without a doubt, provides one of the best experiences in terms of long-lasting efficiency, ease of use, and maintenance. The pump has stellar performance and is extremely suitable for in-ground pools.
This pool pump is manufactured by Hayward and weighs 39.2 pounds. The dimensions of this pool pump are 28.6 x 7.9 x 10.3 inches. It is available on Amazon.
The Special Pump includes all the important characteristics expected from Hayward. It is ranked as #5 in Pool Pump Replacement Parts & Accessories section. This is built for all styles and dimensions of in-ground swimming pools.
Features of the Hayward SP2610X15
The Hayward Super Pump Single-Speed 1.5 Pool Pump establishes the industry target for performance and durability and belongs to the upmost-selling medium-head pump community worldwide. The extra-big dust container offers reduced constant cleaning with additional leaf storage space.
The innovative product-ease layout offers easy 4-bolt accessibility for easy maintenance to all internal parts. The special flip-away handle knobs allow removing of strainer lid without objects. It is a purpose-built heavy-duty engine. It also offers airflow circulation which makes activity smoother, cleaner, and much more productive.
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP2610X15
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Hayward pool pump options. While it may seem like all Hayward pool pump options are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Hayward SP2610X15.
- A high-performance engine fitted with a thermal overload protector and a Norl impeller gives high flow rates even at a lesser speed.
- The 4 bolt swing aside hard knobs make it easy to open the strainer lid. Drainage alert is apparent due to the strainer basket’s transparency. This makes it extremely easy to clean.
- The debris holder has extra leaf holding capacity and is perfect for big pools for a cleaner, long-lasting use.
- Corrosion-resistant material ensures durability.
- The machine offers only a single speed function. This puts a dent on the pool pump’s versatility. The single-speed limits the functioning of the pump according to an individuals’ specific needs.
- Since the Hayward SP2610x15 pool pump is a heavy-duty industrial machine, it may be on the more expensive side for some.
- Some users have had issues with the efficiency and ecological capacity of this machine. This is because the power and capacity of the machine reduce its efficiency due to high usage.
Overall Verdict on this Hayward Pool Pump
The Hayward SP2610x15 is, without a doubt, one of the best machines to enter the pool pump market. The machine has heavy-duty power and a capacity to provide a maximum flow rate. This performance and capacity is what makes the pool pump unparalleled and gives it an advantage over other machines.
This pool pump is manufactured by Hayward and weighs 17 pounds. The dimensions of this pool pump are 22 x 8.5 x 10.5 inches. It is available on Amazon. It is ranked as #9 in Pool Pump Replacement Parts & Accessories section.
Features of the Hayward SP1580
The Hayward Power Flo LX is a collection of high-performance pumps built for pools of all the above and on-ground level physical demands. It provides stable quality and easy maintenance, incorporating a robust, rust-proof structure with innovative tools and capabilities.
The modern layout lowers maintenance requirements to simple, common wisdom techniques. The pump also provides a 100% drainage-proof, heat-resistant dual-size cover for prolonged motor service life. It includes input and release of 1-1/2 inches, and an energy cord of 6 feet (120 volts).
Hayward PowerFlo LX comes with self-lubricating motor components and joints for bolts. The pump engine comes with instant safety against heat overload.
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP1580
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Hayward pool pump options. While it may seem like all Hayward pool pump options are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Hayward SP1580.
- The pump is high performing and has good power.
- It is highly energy-efficient, which means you do not have to worry about the pump consuming too much electricity if you run it for an extended period.
- It is quite easy to use and requires very low maintenance.
- There will be no question regarding its service as Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX is one of the best in the market when it comes to above-ground pool pumps.
- The Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX has no on or off switch, which means that the user has to pull the plug every time they wish to switch off the machine. This can be a slight inconvenience for many users.
- The installation process for the pump is quite complex, and there is no detailed user manual that is present in the packaging. You may have to take the help of an expert to install the pump.
Overall Verdict on this Hayward Pool Pump
With its high performing 1HP pump and excellent durability, Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX is the best pool pump in the market in an affordable price range. Designed to provide highly efficient services, this over-ground pool pump can be used effortlessly for a long duration without worrying about energy consumption.
This pool pump weighs 1 pound. The dimensions of this pool pump are 1 x 1 x 1 inch. It is available on Amazon. It is ranked as #230 in Pool Pump Replacement Parts & Accessories section.
Features of the Hayward SP3400VSP
This is a variable-speed pump with a perpetual magnet and is a fully shielded fan cooled (TEFC) engine. This pump includes a mechanical feature that is growing in the market. The no-rib basket it features makes it convenient to clean dust. It offers a built-in configurable controller with a 24-hour clock as well as up to eight customized velocity and timer controls.
The service feature enables for faster cleaning of pools by insurance carriers. The electronic multi-position regulates connectivity. The rate of velocity is 600-3450 RPM. The group connectors are 2 “x 2 1/2”. This pump is capable of auto-priming, with a vacuum boost of up to 10 feet over water depth.
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP3400VSP
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Hayward pool pump options. While it may seem like all Hayward pool pump options are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Hayward SP3400VSP.
- The product has an aesthetic appeal drawing in more audience.
- Operates along with massive energy conservation.
- The magnetic motor never overheats when the product is functioning.
- Hayward SP3400VSP is completely program-based, which makes it convenient to use.
- The product unit is compact and focuses on operating quietly.
- The motor is powerful and offers increased efficiency.
- The long-lasting product demands low maintenance as compared to other pool pumps.
- The model has eight speeds in total.
- The model is quite expensive as compared to its counterpart models.
- The pool pump’s drive malfunctions at times.
- The installation can be quite challenging to do on your own.
- The product offers a 1-year warranty but has a considerable amount of limitations.
- There have been several customer complaints about the units’ defects.
- The durability is doubtful and raises questions among the consumer community.
Overall Verdict on this Hayward Pool Pump
There are several such models out there that have little to no aesthetic appeal. This pool pump looks elegant, so you don’t have to worry about it not suiting your interior design.
This allows more room for functioning. Hayward SP3400VSP does have an added advantage that keeps it ahead of its competitors. That doesn’t necessarily mean it will function better than the other products.
This pool pump weighs 40.6 pounds. The dimensions of this pool pump are 24 x 10 x 11 inches. It is available on Amazon. It is ranked as #112 in Pool Pump Replacement Parts & Accessories section. It comes in black and gold color.
Features of the Hayward SP2303VSP
This pump is ENERGY STAR licensed and complies with market standards like Title 20 and APSP 15 and seems to be qualified for subsidies for regional utilities. It can be mounted with Hayward computerization * or with profitable systems in any program, as in stand-alone mode.
It has a perpetual magnet, as well as the fully fan-cooled motor provides impressive power quality and effectiveness. It saves energy up to 80 percent. It is available in both 115V and 230V types and is way better than other costly pool pumps.
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP2303VSP
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Hayward pool pump options. While it may seem like all Hayward pool pump options are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Hayward SP2303VSP.
- The pump comes with multiple speed and timer settings, leading to up to 80% energy conservation. Therefore, it is cost-effective.
- Its advanced engineering allows it to run quietly and efficiently.
- The variable connection port diameters ensure that the pump can be set up with a minimal structural change to your plumbing.
- The external control panel can be rotated to four different positions or can be wall-mounted. This allows for ease of access.
- The design is ENERGY STAR Certified and is eligible for local utility rebates.
- Works extremely well in both saltwater pools and chlorinated pools.
- There have been reports of the pump failing to work after a couple of months.
- Though a six-month manufacturer warranty is offered, there are often technical errors when attempting to contact Hayward’s customer service centers, and the service executives are not the most helpful.
- The single-phase 230V operation may cause difficulties.
Overall Verdict on this Hayward Pool Pump
With pool pumps being a necessary commodity, you must pick the right product for your swimming pool. You must consider factors such as the engine power, noise output, ease of use, etc. before getting a pump. The Hayward SP2303VSP comes with a powerful engine in an unassuming outer shell and runs quietly and efficiently.
Our Final Thoughts on the Best Hayward Pool Pump Options
The answer to this question depends on you. We have provided you the best Hayward pool pump options. The Hayward Company has hardly disappointed its customers. So, you will not regret buying their pool pumps.