Looking to take a splash in the pool? Everyone wants to nowadays but due to the rampant rise of COVID-19 globally, everyone is stuck in their homes, summer plans have changed drastically, and most public swimming pools are not going to open anytime soon.
Some of us are lucky enough to be pool owners. However, with the increased usage of your pool, it may be a good idea to both become acquainted with your pool pump, and potentially look at replacing older pumps. After all, the pool pump is the heart of your pool plumbing system.
But, you aren’t sure which pool pump to buy? Don’t worry. This article contains all the answers to your questions. Keep reading to find out our recommended pool pumps from juggernaut brand Pentair, one of the most popular pool pump brands on the market. Here is a table of the best Pentair pool pump options as we see them.
Pool Pump Components
Before providing you the best choices for the Pentair pool pump, it is important to know what a pool pump is.
The pool pump is indeed the heart of the pool network. It is made up of a frame, engine, impeller, as well as a set of strainers. Many pool pumps are inertial self-priming, with a sealed container usually regarded as the pump housing. As with an automobile engine, the pool pump is the main element of the pool as well as spa filtering cycle.
If you want to place an above ground pool, you need to know the pool pump components so that it becomes easy for you to maintain your pool. They are as follows:
- Water inlet: The pump forces purified and filtered water through a series of inlets back into the pool, which is also known as jets. The tiny inlet holes produce additional water pressure so that the water is fired into the pool rather than just flowing into it.
- Water outlet: Water outlets are the opening of pools where water flows outside the pool for circulation. The suction of water takes place through the skimmer.
- Filter: Your pump pushes the pool water upon the pool rim from the skimmer and the primary drain on or close to the pool’s rim. Water goes via the pump into the tank, which extracts waste and bacteria from soil.
- Impeller: A circular pump component with a valve that spins to generate centrifugal force for pushing water in the circulation system is named an impeller. It requires the power to produce water flow.
- Motor: The pushing force under the pump is its motor which creates the swirling force that is needed to turn the pump on and flow water.
Speed Options For Swimming Pool Pumps
Pool pumps come with various pumping speed selections: low, medium, and high, all of which are appropriate when you want to alter the pumping velocity depending on the swimming pool condition to save on power usage.
These are the most popular but have the option to set one speed (high). It is the most inexpensive in comparison to certain other pool pumps. With one device this pool pump will erase dust as well as other pollutants.
This pump has settings for two-speeds: low and high. The high-speed is like the single-speed pump, whereas the setting at low speed brings more versatility. This is widely used in spas that involve low velocity during filtration, and elevated velocity during jet motion.
They are regarded as the best because they arrive with a perpetual magnetic motor (PMM), which does not require electricity to turn the turbine and can be modified electronically to any speed. These pumps are relatively more costly than single- or dual-speed pumps.
Flow Rate Matters When Selecting A Pentair Pool Pump
Calculating the ‘head loss’ or ‘friction loss’ caused by pool equipment such as filters and cleaners requires flow rate. To move the chlorinated water across the filter and then back into the pool, the pump should have the least flow speed in gallons per minute which will enable it to flow the water across the filter in a specified period. That is why the flow rate is an important factor.
Above Ground vs Inground Pool Pumps
An above-ground is a cheap option for a pool, ever though. The major disadvantage of an above-ground pool is that it usually doesn’t give many benefits to your home.
The major difference between the in-ground and above-ground pool pumps is that the in-ground pumps are “self-priming,” but the aboveground pumps are not. So, in-ground pools are a better option than above-ground pools.
Our Top 5 Choices For The Best Pentair Pool Pump
Pentair, Inc. offers services for water and fluids. Clean water, pool and spa appliances, filters, flame suppressions, spray, hoses, water drainage pumps, valves, and other products are provided by the company. Pentair serves clients all over the world and rarely gets complaints from the customers. You will not regret buying these pool pumps.
Now that you know everything about a pool pump, it’s time for the most awaited section. Let’s have a look at our top 5 options for the Pentair pool pumps.
This pool pump is manufactured by Pentair and weighs 38.7 pounds. Its dimensions are 27.5 x 12.5 x 14.8 inches. This pool pump comes with a year’s warranty and it is self-priming. It is available on Amazon. It is ranked as #73 in Pool Pump Replacement Parts & Accessories section.
Features of the Pentair 340039
The Pentair Super Flo is a single-speed pool pump and is a 1-1/2-horsepower pump that successfully transfers more water for reduced running costs. This pool pump also offers a 56 square connector device with industrial power and especially sophisticated hydraulic networks.
It contains complex fenced body parts. Because of the exceptional inner flow layout, it offers a silent method that lessens hydraulic noise. The large strainer bucket increases the duration of the cleaning procedure that can be seen from the lid and it allows an examination to be quick and convenient. For a quick and simple start-up, this motor has a self-priming function.
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 340039
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Pentair pool pump options. While it may seem like all pool pumps are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Pentair 340039.
- Extremely silent while in use. All users have stated that this pump is quiet, due to integral volute.
- It is power efficient and gets the job done using less energy.
- Its self-priming ability helps in quick setup.
- Durable and less wear and tear due to lower energy usage.
- It allows a greater duration between cleanings as the extended filter holds large amounts of waste before requiring cleaning.
- The one-year warranty is very helpful, as Pentair will take care of any issues.
- The silent functioning tends to fade over time and the Pentair 340039 pool pump itself is subject to depreciation after overuse.
- Though durable, the parts that do wear out are required to be replaced immediately or run the risk of malfunction.
- The warranty is limited in certain aspects.
- Installation errors do not make the company liable for repairs and refunds, so installation should be done with care.
- A proper base is needed, or noise may ensue.
Pentair has always produced quality machines for commercial as well as personal use, and the Pentair 340039 SuperFlo Pool Pump is no exception. It has numerous brilliant features that stump most of its competition.
It offers the features of a more expensive commercial pump at an affordable rate. It’s silent functioning as well as energy efficiency make it one of the best pool pumps available today.
This pool pump is manufactured by Pentair – Distribution and weighs 52 pounds. The dimensions of this pool pump are 28 x 15.5 x 12.5 inches. It is available on Amazon and ePoolSupply. It is available in four-packs. It is ranked as #16 in Pool Pump Replacement Parts & Accessories section.
Features of the Pentair 342001
It is a variable velocity pump with a single-stage capacity of 115-230V and 50/60 Hz. The variable speed system costs low to operate. Savings dependent on variable frequency pump are comparable to a single-speed pump working 12 hours a day in a 20,000-gallon tank at an estimation of $0.16 each kWh.
It is advised that a switch is to be mounted on both the pump airflow and the repeat unit for most systems, such that the pump can be disconnected throughout the repairing. This pool pump is suitable for regular pools demanding up to 1.5 HP pump.
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 342001
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Pentair pool pump options. While it may seem like all pool pumps are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Pentair 342001.
- The pool pump’s variable speed significantly reduces its energy usage. Furthermore, the graphical display and the three-speed operating speeds help you monitor and adjust the speed to increase the machine’s efficiency.
- The ultra-silent TEFC motor completely eradicates any noise that might’ve otherwise emitted from a high-powered engine.
- The wiring and electrical components are purposely made easy-to-reach so that the installation process is simple.
- With a real-time clock that has 24-hour memory retention and a graphical interface, the Pentair 342001 has one of the most user-friendly operating systems.
- The pool pump’s superior quality and features qualify it as a premium product. This means that the price is set higher than other alternative pool pumps.
- The capabilities of this pool pump may seem limited due to the variable speed. While the pool pump does have massive power, it does not function at that speed to increase efficiency. Users with a larger pool might want to opt for something with a higher speed and power.
The Pentair 342001 is a durable, powerful, and above all, efficient pool pump. This means that it is versatile enough to cater to every pool’s needs. The primary function of any pool pump is to ensure that you don’t have to worry about the maintenance of your swimming pool. This pool pump ensures that this aspect is taken care of.
This pool pump is manufactured by Pentair – Distribution and weighs 47 pounds. The dimensions of this pool pump are 28 x 12 x 15 inches. It is available on Amazon. It is ranked as #29 in Swimming Pool Heat Pumps section.
Features of the Pentair 011018
The power savings are approximately 90 percent. This pool pump is operating spectacularly quieter and also the container weight is 45 pounds. This offers 8 configurable frequency adjustments and a designed-in timer for best results and savings, ensuring optimal rate.
Designed-in diagnostics safeguards the pump for a longer lifespan. This pool pump is consistent with EasyTouch, IntelliTouch, SunTouch Pool power systems as well as other types of automated pool systems for lighting, heating, pump, and water management functions.
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 011018
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Pentair pool pump options. While it may seem like all pool pumps are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Pentair 011018.
- Pentair 011018 has a powerful one and a half HP motor.
- The display of the product is digitally controlled.
- Real-time settings allow up to 24 hours, consider every minute.
- Added override settings to the product.
- Not to forget, the Pentair 011018 is big on saving energy.
- Installation includes do-it-yourself instructions.
- Delivers the said efficiency with the help of its long-lasting magnetic motor.
- Build-in diagnostics that protect the pump for longer durability.
- Pentair 011018 helps to reduce all the built-up algae.
- Pentair has a no warranty policy for products bought online, which is why Pentair 011018 does not warranty ‘labor’ charges.
- Random error code shows up on the digitally controlled display.
- The bad pump seal is a common issue about this product that causes leakages.
- The model is valued rightly for the efficiency it provides but is expensive when compared to other models.
- The installation process is easy, but if you are new to Pentair, then understanding the instructions will be difficult.
It is always suggested that you do your research before hastily buying any product, and the pool pump is no exception. You want your products to last a long time and provide all the features that are listed. Take a few factors into consideration when you start looking for pool pumps.
This pool pump is manufactured by Pentair and weighs 32 pounds. The dimensions of this pool pump are 32 x 38 x 71 inches. It is available on Amazon. It is ranked as #12 in Pool Pump Replacement Parts & Accessories section. It is available in different horsepower phases.
Features of the Pentair 340038
The Pentair SuperFlo pool pump is indeed a single-velocity pump. The 1-horsepower pump quite effectively transfers water to reduce running costs. Due to its outstanding internal flow structure, it has a quiet procedure that lowers hydraulic disturbance.
This pump offers heavy-duty 56 square connector motor, thick fenced body components, as well as sophisticated hydraulic systems. The out-sized strainer bucket increases the duration among washing and has a cover that allows analysis easy and convenient. This pump features self-priming for a fast and simple start-up. It comes with 1-year insurance.
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 340038
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Pentair pool pump options. While it may seem like all pool pumps are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Pentair 340038.
- Moves water with efficiency and has a low operation cost
- Features super-quiet operation due to superior internal design that helps in reducing hydraulic noise
- Heavy outer body with a 56 square flange motor that brings about durability and sturdiness
- Large strainer basket to hold huge amounts of debris
- See-through strainer for easy access and cleaning
- Easy to start and installation is simple
- It is budget-friendly and long-lasting.
- It provides only six months warranty if the user has installed the Pentair 340038 pool pump by themselves. This means that you might have to pay for their services if you want additional benefits.
- The warranty is for a year only if the user employs the help of Pentair authorized personnel.
- Customers have complained that the extra cost of a pump sold separately is unnecessary. Getting a cheaper pump from a shop was a better alternative.
The Pentair 340038 SuperFlo pool pump is a product of a widely renowned and reputed company, Pentair. This is reflected in its superior quality. The pool pump is admirable in its performance and, as far as reviews go, well acclaimed by customers.
This pool pump is manufactured by Pentair and weighs 50 pounds. The dimensions of this pool pump are 23.3 x 10.8 x 12.4 inches. It is available on Amazon. It is ranked as #7 in Swimming Pool Heat Pumps section.
Features of the Pentair 011028
This pool pump contains a power keyboard that can be revolved on the pump or fence installed with a deportation pack for comfortable alignment. The list layout for scheduling and tracking is logical and convenient to use.
This also fully integrates with Pentair control programs that offer you the ease of controlling your mobile phone. It has a specially designed cooling fan system for silent operation and high reliability. It also has upper-mounted area cable storage. It also has 8 configurable fan speeds and a programmed timer.
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 011028
We would be remiss if we failed to tough upon the advantages and potential disadvantages of the best Pentair pool pump options. While it may seem like all pool pumps are create equal, this couldn’t be further from the truth. As such, here are the pros and cons of the Pentair 011028.
- The eight variable speeds make it easy to adjust according to the requirement of the swimming pool.
- The energy star certified pool pump saves 90% energy as compared to other pool pumps.
- The permanent magnet motor and TEFC design work in tandem to make the machine extremely quiet even at high RPM. The noise cancels out to as low as 45 decibels, making it almost dramatically quiet.
- The machine is fully compatible with all kinds of swimming pools and 3rd party systems.
- Due to its upgraded features, the Pentair 011028 is costlier than its alternatives.
- It is not advisable to move the pump around a lot. This is because the machine is slightly heavy. Furthermore, it can prove to be a nuisance if you have to keep going back and forth with such a substantial weight.
- The weight also makes the machine less versatile. It is difficult to move the machine around for use. Furthermore, this disadvantage limits the areas and ways in which you can place the machine.
The Pentair 011028 is truly one of a kind product. The best and newest Pentair model, this pump has all the latest features and advanced technology while also being energy efficient as the rest of the products in this range.
Pool maintenance can be quite expensive, but the pump does its bit to reduce the cost by saving incredible amounts of energy. The pool pump seamlessly brings together efficiency, energy-saving, and long-lasting durability.
Our Final Thoughts on the Best Pentair Pool Pump Options
The answer to this question depends on you. We have provided you the best Pentair pool pump options. The Pentair Company has hardly disappointed its customers. So, you will not regret buying their pool pumps.