An essential component in your swimming pool (besides the water, that of course) is your pool pump. The pool pump conserves the quality of your pool water and prevents it from turning into a bacteria-infested swamp. If you are a pool owner, equipping your pool with a powerful and well-functioning pump like a Harris Pool Pump is extremely vital.
There are hundreds of products out there when it comes to pool pumps. One very reliable brand is Harris Pool Products, which sells everything from pool filters to solar pool covers. Though not exactly what one would call a “big-name brand”, Harris Pool Products has been building an ever-growing consumer base with their low-cost, high-efficiency pool products.
Continue reading for a detailed review of one of their best-selling pool pump, the Harris Pool Pump H1572747.
About The Harris Pool Pump H1572747
The Harris Pool Pump H1572747 is an in-ground water purification system. It is a popular and cheaper alternative to the existing big-name brands. The motor shaft is made of stainless steel, which makes it completely resistant to corrosion. This structure is further reinforced with an outer thermoplastic body.
The pump contains an extra-large filter basket to collect debris, with a see-through lid to allow easy viewing of the level of debris. It is self-priming and facilitates water suction up to 8 feet above the waterline. The conveniently-placed drain pump ensures complete drainage of water during maintenance or the winter months.
If you are worried about the compatibility with your pool, that’s not an issue with this pool pump. The suction and drainage ports are 2 inches wide, allowing the Harris pool pump to function as a natural replacement to your existing model. The 1 HP heavy-duty design meets all CSA and ETL requirements and assures a safe and high-functioning product for your home.
Although the Harris pool pump may not be as powerful for larger pools, it is an excellent option if you just want basic functionalities. Its carborundum and graphite mechanical seals ensure smooth and silent functioning on both 115V and 230V power inputs. So you can enjoy your swim without the sound of any motor disturbing you.
Harris Pool Pump H1572747 Features
- Pump dimensions: 25 inches length x 15 inches height x 11 inches width; 8 inches from floor to suction port; 12 inches from floor to discharge hose
- 2-inch wide suction and discharge ports
- Corrosion-proof stainless steel body
- Extra-large filter basket with a see-through twist and lock lid
- 1 HP strength; safe on 115W/ 230V inputs
Pros and Cons of the Harris Pool Pump H1572747
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Harris Pool Pump H1572747.
- The Harris pool pump is cost-effective. Its price is around half of a similar Hayward variant.
- It is less noisy compared to most other pool pump variants of the same or higher price range.
- It can replace your existing pump with minimum structural changes to your plumbing system.
- The filter basket is easily accessible and provides for easy disposal of debris.
- The 1HP motor ensures an overall powerful performance.
- The pool pump provides consistent performance for a long time. You could opt for a warranty, but you probably won’t need it.
- The Harris Pool Pump heats up quickly to a pretty high temperature, though that does not seem to affect the working in any way.
- Finding spare parts for this pool pump appears to be a tedious process. The spares are not readily available in the market and are not provided by the company either.
- There are no customer service centers by Harris that are accessible.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Harris Pool Pump H1572747.
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
The Harris Pool Pump H1572747 is a product that offers exceptional quality for a low price. It is a strong competitor against big brands like Hayward. Its powerful structure ensures that your pool transforms from green to clean in a surprisingly short span of time.
The pool pump is low-maintenance and small enough to fit in essentially every shed that exists. As an added feature, it is so silent that you wouldn’t know it was running. This product is one of the best options available in the market, and thus, we recommend you consider it while purchasing a pool pump.
However, the Harris pool pump H1572747 might not be your best bet if you have a larger pool. So consider all these factors before investing in a pool pump, and you’re good to go.