If you are a pool owner, then maintaining your pool shouldn’t take up all your time. If it is, then its high time you opted for a high-quality pool pump. If you are thinking of above the ground pumps, then Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX is the product that we have complete belief in.
This high-performance pump is the perfect choice for over-ground pools. Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX is highly efficient and is growing to be a customer favorite. The machine is also low maintenance and needs very little attention if used right away.
But before you invest in the Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX, let’s look at some of its features, pros, and cons. This way, you will be able to make an informed decision about the best pool pump for your needs.
About The Hayward SP1580
Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX is equipped with a pump of 1 horsepower and is designed for over-ground pools. The motor is complete with a stainless steel shaft, which drives the machine to run efficiently for a longer duration. It is a very light weighted pool pump at around 10kgs.
It is one of the most compact pool pumps available in the market, and you will be able to install it without any issues in the pool plumbing system. However, don’t let its dimensions fool you. This compact pool pump is highly durable and gives a powerful performance. The pump is also resistant to corrosion even if you use it for a long time.
The motor of Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX has a double-sized seal that supports the pool pump’s performance and ensures that it operates without any hindrance. The impeller of the Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX works on keeping the pump away from any clogging.
There is also a thermal overload protector in the pump, which automatically switches off the motor if the pump gets overheated. Once the motor cools down, the motor restarts again automatically. The pool pump also comes with added features, including a transparent strain cover, drain plug, etc. which helps in its overall efficient functioning.
Hayward SP1580 Features
- Horsepower – 1HP Pump
- Adaptable to on-ground sand filters
- Comes with a drain plug
- 6-inch power cord along with 115V plug
- Functions in vertical discharge mode
- High performing motor
- Shaft made of stainless steel
- Transparent strain cover for easily viewing any debris trapped in the pump
- A double-sized seal which is resistant to heat ensures durability
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP1580
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Hayward SP1580.
- The pump is high performing and has good power.
- It is highly energy-efficient, which means you do not have to worry about the pump consuming too much electricity if you run it for an extended period.
- It is quite easy to use and requires very low maintenance.
- There will be no question regarding its service as Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX is one of the best in the market when it comes to above-ground pool pumps.
- The Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX has no on or off switch, which means that the user has to pull the plug every time they wish to switch off the machine. This can be a slight inconvenience for many users.
- The installation process for the pump is quite complex, and there is no detailed user manual that is present in the packaging. You may have to take the help of an expert to install the pump.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Hayward SP1580.
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
With its high performing 1HP pump and excellent durability, Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX is the best pool pump in the market in an affordable price range. Designed to provide highly efficient services, this over-ground pool pump can be used effortlessly for a long duration without worrying about energy consumption.
Once you have it installed with the help of a professional, it is effortless and straightforward to use. What’s more, it even shuts down if it gets overheated, so you don’t have to worry about safety.
Whether you want to use it in a residential or commercial property, Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX is definitely a great option to consider while looking for a pool pump within a moderate budget.