It’s an unchallenged fact that nothing can beat the heat more than a nice relaxing swim in a pool. Leisurely floating in the calm waters of your pool with a drink in hand sounds like an ideal day for lazing around, doesn’t it? As much fun it is to spend your time in a swimming pool, it is all that difficult to clean it. Luckily, the Hayward SP1593 is here to help.
Maintaining a pool is, by far, not an easy job for any pool owner. So, to make your pool cleaning a hassle-free experience, Hayward presents Hayward SP1593 Power-Flo Matrix. The pool pump, made by Hayward Pool Products, a leading 80-year-old company, caters to all your pool cleaning requirements.
In this product review, we shall discuss all of its features, pros, and cons so you can decide if this is the right pool pump for your needs.
About The Hayward SP1593
The above-ground Hayward SP1593 is engineered with unique superiority and versatile features. With this pool pump, you don’t require any technician to maintain your pool. The single push on and off button makes usage simple and easy. The unique feature of this pump is its ability to change from horizontal discharge to vertical and vice versa.
If you have a large-sized pool, then this is a great option. Its high-tech design enables the pump to be highly powerful, delivering high performance and action. The high-power pump, however, does not use excessive energy, thus making it energy efficient.
The self-priming ability lets the user start the pump with ease. It is durable and also comes with a drip-proof heat resistant seal. In addition to this, it comes with corrosion-proof PermaGlass housing, assuring an extended product life.
The carefully designed large capacity strainer is convenient for storing huge amounts of collected debris, and its superior performance and heavy-duty motor makes this a swimming pool pump like no other. Also, its inbuilt automatic thermal overload protector shields the pump from getting over-heated and malfunctioning.
Light on the pocket, the Hayward SP1593 pool pump would not require frequent part changes, thanks to its durability and sturdy built.
Hayward SP1593 Features
- HP: 1 ½
- Speed: Single
- Volts: 115V
- Cord Length: 6 feet
- Hayward SP1593 is easily adaptable with most above ground pools
- It has a convenient single-press on and off switch
- Large strainer basket
- C-Clip connector lets the user easily disengage the strainer
- Durable, high-performance motor with inbuilt thermal overload protector
- Prevents clogging of leaves with Noryl impeller
- Corrosion proof housing
- Heat resistant, double-sized seal
- The switch is rear-mounted and protected against harm
- 1-year limited warranty
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP1593
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Hayward SP1593.
- Single-click On/Off switch that is convenient for the user
- Large basket to collect a hefty amount of debris, so there is no trouble for frequent cleaning
- Disengaging the strainer is made easy by C-Clip connector
- The motor has an inbuilt automatic thermal overload protector that ensures longevity
- Changes the pump’s discharge feature going horizontal to vertical with the push of a single button
- Corrosion proof housing with PermaGlass for assured durability
- Heat resistant to maintain high performance in every weather
- Failure to install correctly results in the pump failing to work after a couple of months
- Due to its premium features, the pump is on the expensive side
- Individual parts are not provided. These parts may not be readily available everywhere as well.
- Customers have complained that the company only pays for the manufacturing issues within the warranty limit, not the labor.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Hayward SP1593.
- Hayward SP2303VSP
- Intex 3000 GPH Sand Filter Pump
- Pentair 011514
- XtremePowerUS Pool Pump
- Pentair 340039
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
Hayward SP1593 is durable, powerful, convenient, and energy-efficient. The pump is extremely versatile as it can cater to every kind of pool and spa.
Although the pump might be on the expensive side, if you have a large pool, then this pool pump is a smart investment. The durability of the body and motor and its heat resistant features ensure that you won’t have to change it for years.
With Hayward SP1593, you won’t have to worry about a complicated pool cleaning experience. The self-cleaning facilities in the pump ensure that the pool keeps itself in the best condition, letting you enjoy a leisurely summer.