In the summer months, it doesn’t matter if you have an above-ground indoor pool or a lavish in-ground pool that covers nine yards. Either of these requires a suitable pool pump to keep them impressive including the Hayward sp2607x10.
Finding the best pool pump is extremely important unless you want your pool to be a cesspool of bacteria. Most importantly, finding the right pool pump that is suitable for the size and type of pool you own, while keeping in mind its efficiency is imperative. Read on to find out more about how Hayward sp2607x10 caters to all these needs and steals the spot as one of the best pool pumps in the market.
About The Hayward SP2607X10
The best pool pumps are those that provide durability, power, and efficiency. This model is perfect as it is an economical choice for commercial as well as residential pools. Designed for in-ground swimming pools and spas, the Hayward sp2607x10 is almost unmatched when it comes to power.
The model is durable and built to last long, with its many features that contribute to the same. The powerful filtration process may make it a little too much for pools of a smaller size. This pool pump is compact and easy to install with swing-away hand knobs and an easily removable strainer cover. The pump’s versatility is proved from the fact that it can easily fit in place of a previous pump.
With Hayward sp2607x10, you don’t have to worry about much as the machine manages itself. The transparent strainer cover tells you when cleaning is due, and the oversized debris basket contributes to efficiency.
The debris basket’s capacity also allows for space when it comes to holding an excess of leaves. This means that you never have to worry about the pool pump getting clogged and unable to work. All in all, the pool pump provides some of the best overall performance due to the myriad of features available.
Hayward SP2607X10 Features
Here are some of the key features that contribute to Hayward sp2607x10’s positive reviews. This pool pump has indeed made it on the top of the list when it comes to the best pool pumps.
- Power of 1HP
- Debris Basket Capacity: 110 cubic inches
- Corrosion Resistant
- Single Speed Pump
- Transparent Strainer Cover
- 4 Bolt Access for Easy Installation
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP2607X10
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Hayward SP2607X10.
- The 4 bolt access and the mounting feature make it extremely easy to install.
- With 1HP, the pump can easily cater to large in-ground pools or spas without losing efficiency.
- It is extremely durable and long-lasting due to its heat and corrosion-resistant features.
- The transparent strainer cover and big debris basket with capacity for leaves make it easy to clean without worrying about clogging.
- While the power is high, the machine still runs smoothly and has a silent operation.
- The Hayward sp2607x10 is not suitable for smaller or above ground pools. Its heavy-duty power will render itself inefficient as you will be using too much energy for a relatively small task.
- The shaft seal of this model needs some improvement to optimize the machine.
- There is only one speed available. So, you cannot let the pool pump adapt to external hindrances during rain or an excess of leaf fall.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Hayward SP2607X10.
Table Labs Table
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
Finding the best pool pump is extremely important unless you want your pool to be a cesspool of bacteria. The Hayward sp2607x10, without a doubt, provides one of the best experiences in terms of long-lasting efficiency, ease of use, and maintenance. The pump has stellar performance and is extremely suitable for in-ground pools.
The pump is one of the most recognized in the industry for its high power and functioning. While there are many computerized counterparts with a similar output to this pump, it has still managed to hold its own. It has even come out on top as a must-buy for professional and resident pools alike.