Every pool pump buyer has similar requirements. They want the pumps to work smoothly, have a quieter operation, and be affordable. There are several products in the market, making it challenging to select the right one for you.
Although there are several traditional pool pumps out there, it’s high time you invest in a modern and efficient one. One of the best pool pumps is Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar. This is a pool pump that works best for in-ground pools.
With its hydraulic technology and TEFC powered operation, Hayward SP3400VSP is doing great in the market currently. There are more significant features of this model that draw people to buy it. Besides its sleek design, we are going to list some major features, so you can make an informed decision while purchasing a pool pump.
About The Hayward SP3400VSP
Hayward is a reputed and reliable brand in the market for its best-selling pool pumps. The Hayward SP3400VSP in specific is designed beautifully, showing off the manufacturer’s efforts into creating it.
When you think of a pool pump, your mind immediately puts functionality over aesthetics. But the aesthetics of Hayward SP3400VSP add to its advantage mainly because it checks off all the functionality boxes. This is how the model has drawn so many consumers to invest in it.
The Hayward SP3400VSP Ecostar has variable speed like many modern pool pumps. The model has been shaped for increased efficiency. The pump also saves a lot of energy with its low setting feature. In fact, the automatic feature of the model allows it to change speed based on the pool conditions.
Adding to that, the Hayward SP3400VSP also has a basket underneath it to hold all the debris before emptying it. With such versatile features, the product is making quite an impression in the market.
To give you some more insight into why Hayward SP3400VSP is a must-buy, we have listed down a few aspects. Understanding the features will give you a clear idea of the product and its benefits.
Hayward SP3400VSP Features
- Hayward SP3400VSP has variable speeds programmed within the unit.
- The pool pump has a permanent magnet and a totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) motor.
- The hydraulic design is popular within the industry, and the no-rib basket is useful to get rid of debris.
- Programmable controller with a 24-hour timer.
- It includes eight different speeds. The speed lies in the range of 600 to 3450 RPM.
- Service mode allows it to clean pools faster.
- Measurements are about 26.12 x 11.53 x 13.61 inches.
Pros and Cons of the Hayward SP3400VSP
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Hayward SP3400VSP.
- The product has an aesthetic appeal drawing in more audience.
- Operates along with massive energy conservation.
- The magnetic motor never overheats when the product is functioning.
- Hayward SP3400VSP is completely program-based, which makes it convenient to use.
- The product unit is compact and focuses on operating quietly.
- The motor is powerful and offers increased efficiency.
- The long-lasting product demands low maintenance as compared to other pool pumps.
- The model has eight speeds in total.
- The model is quite expensive as compared to its counterpart models.
- The pool pump’s drive malfunctions at times.
- The installation can be quite challenging to do on your own.
- The product offers a 1-year warranty but has a considerable amount of limitations.
- There have been several customer complaints about the units’ defects.
- The durability is doubtful and raises questions among the consumer community.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Hayward SP3400VSP.
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
There are several such models out there that have little to no aesthetic appeal. This pool pump looks elegant, so you don’t have to worry about it not suiting your interior design.
This allows more room for functioning. Hayward SP3400VSP does have an added advantage that keeps it ahead of its competitors. That doesn’t necessarily mean it will function better than the other products.
It is always suggested that you do a little research before fully deciding on a particular pool pump model. The best way to find the right model is to always compare to its competitors. That being said, Hayward SP3400VSP is an excellent option to consider when buying pool pumps.