Imagine the sun beaming brightly in the summers, and all you wish to do is dive into a pool. Everybody loves a fun summer pool party and a swim in clear water to feel refreshed. But you need to ensure that your pool has a good quality pump to fill and clean it. The Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear pool pump is just that.
Buying a pool pump is a significant investment, and you need to research thoroughly before you decide. This article will shed light on every detail you should know about the Intex 28633EG model. To help you make the right choice, we have highlighted its features, pros, and cons.
About The Intex 28633EG
Intex is one of the leading pool suppliers that manufacture quality above-the-ground pool pumps. They match every international standard there is to hand you a well-functioning pool pump no matter where you stay. Every product is sent off with a manufacturer’s warranty.
Coming back to Intex 28633EG, it is the top model in the market for above-the-ground pools due to its efficient features. It is lightweight, weighing around 19.5 pounds, and is quite compact. The pool pump may look small but is very powerful when it is functioning.
The compact and consumer-friendly product will make you feel like a professional handyman. You can easily handle the product and install it on your own. The quick fitting model allows you to spend more time enjoying the pool than fixing it up.
The product remains a top choice due to its filtration efficiency, double insulated pipes, and portability. But there is more to its features than the regular above-the-ground pool pumps.
The Intex 28633EG would definitely ensure that your pool stays clean and sparkling always. With this pool pump, pool owners don’t require a specialized technician do maintain the pool. It’s all straightforward and efficient. Before we convince you any further, let’s take a look at its features.
Intex 28633EG Features
- Intex 28633EG is specially designed for pools that are fixed above the ground.
- An easy-to-use product that allows simple replacement of worn-out cartridges.
- Double insulation of pump.
- Air release valve connecting to the filter chamber.
- Flush valve available for sediments.
- Fits with 15 feet Easy Set, 15 feet Metal frame, and 18×10 feet Oval frame pools.
Pros and Cons of the Intex 28633EG
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Intex 28633EG.
- Great for above the ground pools.
- Water filtration capacity up to 2500 gallons an hour.
- Easy to install instructions and easy to clean the filter.
- Consists of an automatic 2×12 hour cycle that makes the 24-hour timer possible.
- The double-insulated pipe adds to the strength and longevity of the product.
- Intex 28633EG has hydro-aeration technology, which ensures efficiency.
- The product offers a 2-year warranty.
- Affordable as compared to most above-the-ground pool models out there.
- High quality with low maintenance.
- The ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) is made entirely safe.
- Filter replacement takes time to get installed.
- The common issue is that there are no spare parts provided in the Intex 28633EG package. Such parts are not readily available in the market either.
- The cartridge needs to be changed often than expected. You will have to change it once in 2 weeks.
- The product does not have shut-off valves, and you will have to manually install these into the pump.
- The pump motor is powerful, but the efficiency reduces as per every usage.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Intex 28633EG.
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
There is no doubt that Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear Pool occupies the top position when it comes to the best pool pumps. The reason is that it has proved itself to be the most user-friendly of all. The model is hassle-free and requires the least maintenance ever needed for a pump. However, the longevity of the product may arise as an issue in the future.
But for now, the pros outweigh the cons ultimately. You can trust Intex 28633EG to keep your pool healthy, hygienic, and prevent contaminants. These are vital factors when it comes to investing in a pool pump, and this product checks it all.