Do you have a non-permanent pool that only comes to use during the summer months? If you do, you know that investing in a heavy-duty pool pump is unnecessary. Having a compact, low maintenance, easy to use filter pump is just what you need to get you through the months of relaxing in the pool before you’re back to storing it for the rest of the year.
The Intex Krystal clear cartridge filter pump has all the desired qualities and comes at a low cost to keep your pool upkeep economical. Read below to find out more about this revolutionary product.
About The Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump
The Intex Krystal clear cartridge filter pump is manufactured by one of the best names in the market. This product is available in various models with different sizes and flow rates to personalize your experience.
Cartridge filters are an alternative to sand filters that are relatively low maintenance. This filter pump uses a type A or C cartridge that can be changed once every two weeks. You can also clean the cartridge instead of replacing it to reduce your maintenance cost. Cleaning the cartridge is done with the help of water. Spray water on the cartridge till all the dirt and debris is out. After the cartridge dries, it is ready to use again.
The filter pump’s design is one of its fundamental aspects that you are bound to notice when you take a look at it. The lightweight and compact design make it ideal for even the smaller sized pools. However, this aspect does not compromise the machine’s ability to work as a great filter pump.
The power of the Intex Krystal clear cartridge filter pump reaches up to 530 gallons per hour, which is sufficient for over-ground pools with a diameter less than 25-foot. Its power, along with the automatic filtration chamber to release pressure, makes it ideal for residential use.
Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump Features
The Intex Krystal clear cartridge filter pump is often considered as the go-to filter pump for over-ground pools. Listed below are some of the features that make it so.
- Flow Rate: 530 GPH- 2500 GPH
- Hydro Aeration Technology
- 25 ft Power Cord with Built-In Ground Circuit Fault Interrupter (GFCI)
- Air Release Valve
Pros and Cons of the Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump.
- The filter pump is compatible with almost any above ground swimming pool and other accessories.
- The built-in GFCI in the machine cuts off the electric circuit in response to any abnormality that sets the machine to behave differently.
- The filter pool pump is effortless to maintain. This is because the valve at the filtration pump flushes out any debris that might build up.
- An automatic chamber complements the main one, to release pressure and ensures the smooth working of the machine.
- The Intex Krystal clear cartridge filter pump uses a cartridge as opposed to sandpaper. This can lead to a decrease in the long-lasting ability as you have to keep replacing the cartridge for efficient working.
- The machine is compatible with other accessories and pools above the ground with some modifications. However, this means that you may have to invest in additional parts to modify the system. The parts are not included in the purchase and may also be hard to come by.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump.
- Pentair 342001
- Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System
- Harris Pool Pump H1572747
- Hayward SP1580
- Pentair 011018
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
It is imperative to invest in a filter pump that makes the job of maintaining your swimming pool easy. The Intex Krystal clear cartridge filter pump has all the features to ensure efficient working and an increase in the ease of your cleaning process without being a hindrance.
However, it is not compatible with all types of pools. If you have an in-ground pool or a permanent above-ground one, you might have to look elsewhere for a suitable pool pump. So, ensure that you take a good look at the machine before you decide to make an investment in it. Having said that, this pump is an excellent option if you have a temporary pool.