If you are a pool owner, then lucky you! But as much as you love using the pool maybe occasionally, or even frequently, maintaining it can be challenging. A clean pool is a functional pool that allows you to use it whenever you feel like going for a swim.
A great pool filtration system like the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System is the solution when it comes to maintaining your pool. With so many options for pools pumps and filters in the market, selecting one that fits your needs can be overwhelming.
One great option to consider is the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System. With this saltwater filtration system, cleaning your pool will never seem like a hassle. Continue reading to see if this pump suits all your requirements before investing in it.
About The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System
The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System features a unique two-stage technology to sanitize pool water. It provides a quality sanitation method for cleaning by producing an undetectable level of natural chlorine into the water along with pure swimmer-safe salt. The components pass through a titanium coated electrolyte cell when the device starts its filtration process.
With the unique filtration process, the water in your pool remains clean and devoid of harsh chemicals. This affordable Intex system can deliver 5 gallons of chlorine into the pool in an hour. This reduces the need to measure out the chlorine to put in your pool.
The copper ionization feature allows the device to release highly active disinfectant ions. These ions create a powerful biocide that attaches to algae more effectively than chlorine or any other chemicals, resulting in clear algae-free pool water.
The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System is available in 2 models, one with the capacity to hold 7,000-gallon units, and the other with 15,000-gallon units. The device is made specifically for over-ground pools and needs a filter pump that has a flow rate between 700 and 3,000 gallons per hour (gph). The system is easy to maintain, and its durability would keep the machine running for years.
Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Features
Listed below are some of the features that contribute to the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System.
- Product Dimensions: 25 x 16.88 x 16.5 inches
- Item Weight: 21.4 pounds
- Capacity: 7,000-gallons or 15,000-gallons
- Power: 110-120V GFCI
- 11g/hr chlorine output
- 150 mg/hr ozone output
- Warranty: 2-year limited warranty
- Timer: 24 Hour Auto clock cycle
- Easy installation
- Simple operation
- Self-cleaning Modes: 3 self-clean models available, six hours/10 hours/14 hours cycles
Pros and Cons of the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System.
- It comes with a 24-hour clock cycle.
- The process of installation is quite easy.
- The operation is simple and straightforward.
- RECO (electrocatalytic oxidation) releases ions to remove algae, which is more effective than traditional chlorine filters.
- The integration of salt and water is a one-time process. No repetition is required.
- LED indicators provide a short overview of system status.
- Self-cleans itself so you don’t have to worry much about maintenance.
- Chlorinator cell housing allows quick access to the condition of the cell.
- The system is durable and sturdy.
- Price is affordable since the device will be effectively working for years.
- The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System would not work as smoothly if the pool is not compatible with the Intex system.
- In case of incompatibility, additional parts need to be bought.
- Though it connects with your filter pump, the pump needs to have a flow rate between 1,600 – 4,000 gph
- Frequent operation might lead to calcium build-up on the cell plates, which would require switching polarity in the cell unit.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System.
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
Choosing the right saltwater system should be done, keeping various factors such as hygiene, safe chemicals, functionality, durability, etc. in mind. The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System is an ideal solution for the saltwater cleaning of pools. The system exceeds all expectations and works efficiently and without a hassle.
With this system, you never have to worry about buying chlorine or other chemicals and spend a ton of money there. Also, since the system can hold up to 5 gallons of chlorine, you never have to fuss over messy measurements of how much chlorine to use.
Some parts may need to be switched with frequent use, but the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System would not disappoint. All in all, this is a great option to consider if you want a practical pool filtration system without many fancy features.