If you have an above ground pool where you spend most of your summer days soaking up the sun, you would know the importance of cleanliness. This allows your pool to be ready to use whenever you feel like a swim.
When it comes to above ground pools, the pump varies according to the kind of pool as well as the size. Sometimes, specific companies make their filtration system that is compatible with their swimming pools. Such is the case with the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump.
The pump has a variety of features that make it a long-lasting and dependable machine. Continue reading to get an in-depth understanding of this pool pump before you make a purchase.
About The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump is a perfect companion for those looking to relax in their above ground pool for weeks. The pump works best with an Intex swimming pool. However, it can easily fit any other above ground, non-permanent pool with the right adaptors.
The pump has a sand filtration system, which is long-lasting and a superior choice over the cartridge system. This is because the sand filter lasts for as long as 2 to 5 years without the need for replacement. On the other hand, the cartridge only lasts 3 to 5 weeks.
While the pool pump is not resistant to moisture or rain and can overheat if used for too long, it does have safety features. The Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI), reports any anomaly in the working of the machine. The pump will immediately stop functioning upon the registering of this report.
Without a doubt, the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump has proved itself as one of the premium quality products in the market. The system uses advanced technology and has six control valves. The valves increase its long-lasting durability and make the pump easy to maintain and use. Furthermore, you will find a plethora of features that support its durability and efficiency, including its heavy-duty 3000 gallons per hour flow rate.
Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Features
Listed below are some of the features that make the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump one among the best in the market.
- It has a flow rate of 3000 GPH
- it comes with six control valve options
- It has a 24-hour timer
- It has a superior quality sand filter
- Hydro Aeration Engineering
- Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI)
- Optional replacement of cartridge in 3-5 weeks.
Pros and Cons of the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump.
- The filter pumper has a 24-hour timer. You can make use of the automatic feature of this timer for the pool pump.
- The six control valves give a lot of options when it comes to maintenance and drainage of the pool.
- The backwash and rinse feature make the pool pump easy to clean and acts as a self-maintenance system.
- The machine is durable and long-lasting, and you won’t have to worry about replacement for many seasons to come.
- The machine is compatible with all swimming pool systems. However, when it comes to non-Intex pools, you have to make use of additional adaptors and parts.
- Due to its premium quality, it leans to the more expensive side.
- Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump is not resistant to moisture or rain. Furthermore, it can easily overheat and become faulty. This is quite a hazard and also means that you will have to practice extreme caution during use.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump.
- Pentair 011028
- Hayward SP2610X15
- Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump
- Pentair 342001
- Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump is the ideal long term solution for all your swimming pool filtration requirements. Frequent use of a pool requires an efficient and responsive filter system. You will never have to worry about your cartridge filtration being up to mark the next time you get the pool out to relax.
The pool pump system is reliable and long-lasting. It is one of the few pool pumps that work as displayed and are easy to install and maintain. However, it is not ideal for everyone and may need some adjustments, even for above-ground pools. So consider all the features to decide if this is the ideal fit for your pool.