If you own a pool, then a pool pump is a must for maintaining your pool. New pool pumps in the market like Pentair 011018 are slowly replacing traditional pool pumps.
The main aspect being, newer pool pumps provide more efficiency and have variable speeds. Pentair 011018 itself has around eight programmable speeds. This is why it is about time you put away those traditional pumps. The previous models overpower their functioning, making it difficult to save energy as well.
Continue reading to know about the other exciting features that the Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo pool pump. This may just be the pool pump you’ve been looking for!
About The Pentair 011018
For your pool pump needs, Pentair 011018 is the wisest choice. You receive an advantage by investing in a product from the most popular brand for this category. By advantages, we mean quick access to replacement parts, no hassle with contacting technicians, and repair services.
It does not end there because even though it has the lowest possible price range, the quality remains supreme. Even when you compare different models by IntelliFlo, Pentair 011018 still holds the title of affordable and efficient. In fact, you can trust the brand since Pentair continues to improve with every model they launch.
Pentair is a genuine company whose values lie in world health. They aim to provide easy access to clean and safe water. Their goals are to help you improve and enjoy the water experience with sustainable solutions, which is why you can trust them with your pool pump.
Energy-efficient pool pumps like this one, save loads of money that you would have generally spent on one traditional pump. This way, you are not only being eco-friendly but also getting some savings.
With its extraordinary features, the pool pump from this brand will bring you much better benefits than any other product.
Pentair 011018 Features
- High performance with 3 horsepower and 230 Volts
- Saves up more energy (90%) as compared to traditional pool pumps
- Quiet functioning
- Carton weight is 45 pounds
- Speed settings are varied and programmable
- Built-in timer for speed optimization and efficiency
- Compatible with pool control systems such as IntelliTouch, EasyTouch, SunTouch, and several other brands.
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 011018
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Pentair 011018.
- Pentair 011018 has a powerful one and a half HP motor.
- The display of the product is digitally controlled.
- Real-time settings allow up to 24 hours, consider every minute.
- Added override settings to the product.
- Not to forget, the Pentair 011018 is big on saving energy.
- Installation includes do-it-yourself instructions.
- Delivers the said efficiency with the help of its long-lasting magnetic motor.
- Build-in diagnostics that protect the pump for longer durability.
- Pentair 011018 helps to reduce all the built-up algae.
- Pentair has a no warranty policy for products bought online, which is why Pentair 011018 does not warranty ‘labor’ charges.
- Random error code shows up on the digitally controlled display.
- The bad pump seal is a common issue about this product that causes leakages.
- The model is valued rightly for the efficiency it provides but is expensive when compared to other models.
- The installation process is easy, but if you are new to Pentair, then understanding the instructions will be difficult.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Pentair 011018.
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
It is always suggested that you do your research before hastily buying any product, and the pool pump is no exception. You want your products to last a long time and provide all the features that are listed. Take a few factors into consideration when you start looking for pool pumps.
Focus on key points like energy ratings, sizes, noise, and functionality. Then you can go ahead to shortlist based on your pool volume, plumbing requirements, and pump efficiency.
To conclude, Pentair 011018 seems like a steal, especially with such negligible disadvantages. These are factors that can be overlooked, which makes for a great pool pump.