Spending time in your private pool with your friends or family or just enjoying a refreshing swim is an ideal way to spend an afternoon. However, you need to keep your pool clean and ready to use at all times. Since you are keeping the pool clean, why not do so with the environment as well? With the Pentair 011028, your pool pump system will provide maximum efficiency and save energy like never before.
With a stealer record of being a great performer, the pool pump exceeds expectations. Continue reading for a detailed review of this pool pump.
About The Pentair 011028
If you love spending time in the pool but are always worried about wasting water or contributing to environmental damage, the Pentair 011028 IntelliFlo VS pool pump is the one for you.
This pump is the solution for those looking for an eco-friendly, energy-saving pump. Everything in this model screams efficiency, and the LCD screen even lets you track the consumption of power.
However, its energy consumption does not deprive the pump of having some of the most advanced features. With 3HP, the pool pump is suitable for in-ground pools, especially large residential ones.
The model is even considered as one of the most popular pool pumps with updated drivers. You can make use of its eight variable speeds along with a digital time clock that you can program according to your individual requirements.
Furthermore, the Pentair 011028 is extremely versatile and can be used with any swimming pool, even those of third parties. If you’re worried about noise, the pool pump’s totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) is the perfect solution that keeps the machine quiet even at the highest RPM. The features all seamlessly come together to make the most efficient and easy to use, personalized model in the pool pump range to date.
Pentair 011028 Features
It is the features and functionality that ties up this pool pump model. Listed below are some of the features that make Pentair 011028 top of the line in pool pumps.
- Power of 3HP
- 8 Variable Speeds
- Energy Star Certified
- Built-in and Programmable Digital Timer
- Rotatable keypad and LCD Screen
- Totally Enclosed Fan-cooled (TEFC) Design
- Permanent Magnet Motor
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 011028
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Pentair 011028.
- The eight variable speeds make it easy to adjust according to the requirement of the swimming pool.
- The energy star certified pool pump saves 90% energy as compared to other pool pumps.
- The permanent magnet motor and TEFC design work in tandem to make the machine extremely quiet even at high RPM. The noise cancels out to as low as 45 decibels, making it almost dramatically quiet.
- The machine is fully compatible with all kinds of swimming pools and 3rd party systems.
- Due to its upgraded features, the Pentair 011028 is costlier than its alternatives.
- It is not advisable to move the pump around a lot. This is because the machine is slightly heavy. Furthermore, it can prove to be a nuisance if you have to keep going back and forth with such a substantial weight.
- The weight also makes the machine less versatile. It is difficult to move the machine around for use. Furthermore, this disadvantage limits the areas and ways in which you can place the machine.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Pentair 011028.
- Hayward SP2610X15
- Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump
- Pentair 342001
- Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System
- Harris Pool Pump H1572747
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
The Pentair 011028 is truly one of a kind product. The best and newest Pentair model, this pump has all the latest features and advanced technology while also being energy efficient as the rest of the products in this range.
Pool maintenance can be quite expensive, but the pump does its bit to reduce the cost by saving incredible amounts of energy. The pool pump seamlessly brings together efficiency, energy-saving, and long-lasting durability.
While it may be on the costlier side of the price range, all of its features make it worth the price. Hence, investing in this pool pump may be the best choice for those looking for a sound upgrade.