Swimming pools are not just for relaxation. Pool owners would swear that the amount of time they spend on maintaining their pools is almost as much as the time period they use it. There are tons of threats to look out for – microorganisms, dirt, and debris, to name a few, including issues with pool pumps, and this includes the Pentair 011514.
While fishing out debris is definitely possible, it is backbreaking work. This is why there is a need for pool pumps. Be it in tiny pools in suburban households or commercial pools catering to hundreds of people every day; pool pumps are a necessity.
Pentair has been manufacturing water-related products from RO purifiers to pool accessories and is one of the leaders in its field. This article provides a review of one of Pentair’s bestselling pool filtration systems: the Pentair 011514 WhisperFlo Pool Pump.
About The Pentair 011514
The Pentair 011514 WhisperFLo pool pump is an in-ground swimming pool filtration system. True to its name, this pool pump facilitates fast water transportation almost noiselessly. The motor is made of corrosion-free stainless steel shaft covered with a thermoplastic exterior.
This elegant design ensures that the motor can withstand long hours of usage. This pump is the most powerful variant compared to most other high-performance pumps and creates the fastest water flow. It is energy efficient, and its totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) motor ensures seamless and powerful long-term functioning.
The filter basket of the Pentair 011514 comes with a see-through lid for easy viewing of the level of debris. The basket itself is extra-large, which allows for longer time gaps between each cleaning of the filter basket. It comprises union ports having a diameter of 2 inches. However, connecting hoses have to be bought separately.
This pool pump is extremely versatile and can be used with both domestic and commercial swimming pools. Additionally, it can also be used with pool and spa combinations. It is also easy to install and calls for minimal structural modifications in the plumbing in and around the pool. Its 1.5 HP motor operates in a 208 to 230 V input range.
Pentair 011514 Features
- Product dimensions: 12 x 27.5 x 14.5 inches
- Noticeably noiseless and efficient functioning
- High water flow rate
- Contains 1.5 HP motor shaft made of stainless steel with thermoplastic housing
- Diameter of connection ports: 2 inches
- Extra-large filter basket with see-through lid
- Ideal for pool and spa combinations
- Operable with 230 V input
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 011514
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Pentair 011514.
- The body of the Pentair 011514 is resistant to heat and corrosion and can function efficiently for long periods.
- Its motor is extremely silent while being powerful, and the water flow rate is extremely high.
- With its 2-inch connection ports, it is easy to install and requires minimal changes in plumbing.
- It comes with an overlarge basket with a see-through lid for the collection of debris. So if any item is lost in the pool, it can be located easily.
- The Pentair 011514 only has a one-speed setting and no timer to turn on or off the motor, and hence is not as energy efficient as pool owners want it to be.
- Though the pool pump comes with a manufacturer warranty, the customer service centers are not easily accessible. The process for utilizing services while the product is under warranty is tiresome.
- The hoses for the inlet and outlet connections are not included with the product and have to be bought separately.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Pentair 011514.
- XtremePowerUS Pool Pump
- Pentair 340039
- Hayward SP2607X10
- Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
- Pentair 011028
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
The Pentair 011514 only has a one-speed setting, but it is the most efficient single-speed pool pump in the market. Though some may consider it to be overpriced, the powerful motor and super silent functioning compensate for it. The single-speed motor also seems to be an issue, as there are possibilities for overconsumption of energy.
Overall, this pool pump appears to be a great fit for both swimming pools and pool and spa combos. We recommend you go for the Pentair 011514 if you are looking for a simple, straightforward pool pump. It delivers above and beyond your expectations if you are looking for a simple pool pump without many unnecessary features to fiddle with.