The satisfaction you get when you swim on a lazy summer afternoon is immeasurable. However, that feeling of pleasure only arrives when the pool looks clean and refreshing. If you own a pool, then maintaining it can be a challenging task. We cannot prolong cleaning the pool as it can lead to a nasty pool filled with germs, making it unusable. For the proper maintenance of your pool, an efficient and effective pool pump is required.
With Pentair 340038, you can forget all your woes regarding pool cleaning. If you want to have a hassle-free cleaning of your swimming pool, then Pentair 340038 SuperFlo Pool Pump is a great budget-friendly option. Continue reading to find out more about this product before investing in a pool pump.
About The Pentair 340038
With over 50 years of experience, Pentair produces quality pool pumps for all kinds of pools. The Pentair 340038 is one of the most innovative and modern pool pumps available from this brand. It is compatible with any pool and can recycle water quickly and efficiently.
Pentair 340038 is very low on power consumption and has a super-quiet feature that reduces hydraulic noise.
Reduced hydraulic noise makes the pool pump easy on the ears so you can enjoy your swim in peace. Since it works with relatively less power than other pool pumps, there is lesser scope for it to get overheated. The low speed is ideal for energy consumption, which is a necessity these days.
Even though the pump works on 1 Horsepower, it in no way compromises with the pump’s work efficiency. Pentair 340038 pool pump can move over 14,000 gallons of water effortlessly. The breaker switch feature easily lets you change the voltage from 115V to 230V and vice versa if you need less or more power.
This pool pump is a great economical option for a pool pump. It provides all the basic features and is great if you’re not the type to fiddle with a lot of settings. Although this pump may not be as powerful or fancy as some costlier options in the market, it provides efficient maintenance for medium-sized in-ground pools.
Pentair 340038 Features
The following features give you a clear idea of the functionality and work efficiency of Pentair 340038
- Product Dimensions: 32 x 38 x 71 inches
- Item Weight: 32 pounds
- Horsepower: 1 HP
- Speed: Single Speed
- Pipe Size: 1 1/2″
- Voltage: 115V / 230V
- Warranty: 1-Year
- Integral volute in the device reduces hydraulic noise, making it easy on the ears.
- It comes with a spacious strainer basket that holds large amounts of debris and see-through lid for better inspection.
- Self-priming helps in an easy and quick start-up.
- Ramp and cam lid locks the device into place with a 45 degree turn without too much hassle.
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 340038
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Pentair 340038.
- Moves water with efficiency and has a low operation cost
- Features super-quiet operation due to superior internal design that helps in reducing hydraulic noise
- Heavy outer body with a 56 square flange motor that brings about durability and sturdiness
- Large strainer basket to hold huge amounts of debris
- See-through strainer for easy access and cleaning
- Easy to start and installation is simple
- It is budget-friendly and long-lasting.
- It provides only six months warranty if the user has installed the Pentair 340038 pool pump by themselves. This means that you might have to pay for their services if you want additional benefits.
- The warranty is for a year only if the user employs the help of Pentair authorized personnel.
- Customers have complained that the extra cost of a pump sold separately is unnecessary. Getting a cheaper pump from a shop was a better alternative.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Pentair 340038.
- Hayward SP1593
- Hayward SP2303VSP
- Intex 3000 GPH Sand Filter Pump
- Pentair 011514
- XtremePowerUS Pool Pump
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
The Pentair 340038 SuperFlo pool pump is a product of a widely renowned and reputed company, Pentair. This is reflected in its superior quality. The pool pump is admirable in its performance and, as far as reviews go, well acclaimed by customers.
However, this pool pump may not be the best option if you have a larger pool, or are looking for a heavy-duty pump. That being said, the pump is a great option if you want something simple and practical for your in-ground pool. This pool pump is not only economical but also energy efficient.