With the hot summer setting in invitingly, who wouldn’t want a dip in the pool to cool off? If you are a pool owner, you would know that with leisure, pools also come with the need for maintenance. A dirty pool is not only uninviting but also has the potential to cause diseases and infections.
Whether it’s the small pool in your background or a vast commercial pool, the Pentair 340039 SuperFlo Pool Pump has got you covered! This pool pump will move water as fast as any commercial pool pump, but it comes to you at a lower price. What’s more, it’s quiet too! You can lay peacefully on your lawn chairs and let this beauty get that pool ready for your fun day!
Continue reading to find out all that this pool pump has to offer.
About The Pentair 340039
The Pentair 340039 SuperFlo Pool Pump is the ideal pump for in-ground pools that require an average of 2 Horsepower flow. It comes with an unionized fitting to minimize installation difficulties. This pool pump performs just the same as the more expensive pool pumps in the market, but without burning a hole in your pocket.
It is exceedingly energy-efficient and draws 16.0/8.0 Amperes of current. A proper base will make its functioning almost noiseless. The silent aspect comes from the well-designed pot and volute, as well as an internal fan-cooled motor. It is very efficient for its size and works best in residential pools.
It comes with a built-in filter that restricts the entry of any unwanted substances in the water, making it safer. The filter is also quite large and does not require excessive cleaning. The Pentair 340039 pool pump uses standardized fittings (1-1/2 in. internal slip and 2 in. external slip) and therefore does not need heavy-duty work to set up. You don’t need a professional to help you with maintaining your pool as this pool pump is very user friendly. The self-priming feature is top-notch and is a valuable addition to the pump’s impressive design.
It also comes with a see-through lid that allows the user to inspect the filter in order to clean it. It is durable and runs efficiently, making it a fantastic option if you’re looking for a basic and practical pool pump.
Pentair 340039 Features
Here are some of the features that make the Pentair 340039 pool pump a top-class option.
- Single-speed 1-1/2 Horsepower
- Weighs in at 38.7 pounds
- Heavy-duty build and durable structure
- Silent and noise-free smooth functioning
- Inbuilt strainer to prevent incoming waste
- Standard fitting for ease of usage.
- One year of warranty period
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 340039
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Pentair 340039.
- Extremely silent while in use. All users have stated that this pump is quiet, due to integral volute.
- It is power efficient and gets the job done using less energy.
- Its self-priming ability helps in quick setup.
- Durable and less wear and tear due to lower energy usage.
- It allows a greater duration between cleanings as the extended filter holds large amounts of waste before requiring cleaning.
- The one-year warranty is very helpful, as Pentair will take care of any issues.
- The silent functioning tends to fade over time and the Pentair 340039 pool pump itself is subject to depreciation after overuse.
- Though durable, the parts that do wear out are required to be replaced immediately or run the risk of malfunction.
- The warranty is limited in certain aspects.
- Installation errors do not make the company liable for repairs and refunds, so installation should be done with care.
- A proper base is needed, or noise may ensue.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Pentair 340039.
- Hayward SP2607X10
- Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
- Pentair 011028
- Hayward SP2610X15
- Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
Pentair has always produced quality machines for commercial as well as personal use, and the Pentair 340039 SuperFlo Pool Pump is no exception. It has numerous brilliant features that stump most of its competition.
It offers the features of a more expensive commercial pump at an affordable rate. It’s silent functioning as well as energy efficiency make it one of the best pool pumps available today.
The cons of the product can be avoided with careful use and maintenance, and the warranty is sure to cover any significant issues that you might encounter. Considering how simple and practical its features are, the Pentair 340039 pool pump is an excellent option for residential in-ground pools.