Swimming pools can provide you the utmost relaxation after a long and busy work week. They are the perfect blend of exercise and stress relief and are among the most popular outdoor activities.
However, your swimming pool doesn’t work on its own. There is a lot of effort and time that goes behind keeping your swimming pool in perfect condition. Having a good pool pump like the Pentair 342001 is just as important as having a pool.
With the Pentair 342001, you know that you will get the best that the market has when it comes to efficiency and durability. Meant for in-ground pools, the pump is a premium product with a plethora of features.
Read on to find out about everything that this pool pump has to offer.
About The Pentair 342001
One of the best performing products in the market, the Pentair 342001 SuperFlo Variable Speed pool pump does its very best to fit the needs of the swimming pool. The variable speeds in the pump provide great ecological function and energy efficiency.
Variable speed means that the pump does not run at maximum power, hence saving on the energy used by the machine. Furthermore, the unit is an eco-select product. Most of Pentair’s products are energy certified, but this product goes a step further. This means that it’s the greenest product in Pentair’s energy-efficient products.
However, this doesn’t mean that the Pentair 342001 pool pump compromises the power it has. The machine can adapt to smaller pools as well as ones as big as 20,000 gallons. With 1.5HP and 3-speed choices, it is very easy to set the power to your individual swimming pool’s needs.
You must remember that even if the power seems high, the variable speed will not allow it to run at maximum capacity. Its Totally Enclosed, Fan-Cooled (TEFC) Electric Motor, keeps the machine super quiet at all times.
This Pentair product is the perfect blend of energy and power, and all its features work together to enhance this function of the pool pump.
Pentair 342001 Features
The following features highlight the efficiency and function that Pentair 342001 provides to all its users.
- Power of 1.5HP
- 3 Operating Speed Choices with an Override Option
- Variable Velocity Pump with a Capacity of 115-230V (single-stage capacity)
- Totally Enclosed, Fan-Cooled (TEFC) Electric Motor
- Graphical Display and Built-In Timer
- Energy Star Certified
Pros and Cons of the Pentair 342001
As with any best pool pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Pentair 342001.
- The pool pump’s variable speed significantly reduces its energy usage. Furthermore, the graphical display and the three-speed operating speeds help you monitor and adjust the speed to increase the machine’s efficiency.
- The ultra-silent TEFC motor completely eradicates any noise that might’ve otherwise emitted from a high-powered engine.
- The wiring and electrical components are purposely made easy-to-reach so that the installation process is simple.
- With a real-time clock that has 24-hour memory retention and a graphical interface, the Pentair 342001 has one of the most user-friendly operating systems.
- The pool pump’s superior quality and features qualify it as a premium product. This means that the price is set higher than other alternative pool pumps.
- The capabilities of this pool pump may seem limited due to the variable speed. While the pool pump does have massive power, it does not function at that speed to increase efficiency. Users with a larger pool might want to opt for something with a higher speed and power.
Alternatives To This Pool Pump
While this pool pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Pentair 342001.
- Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System
- Harris Pool Pump H1572747
- Hayward SP1580
- Pentair 011018
- Hayward SP3400VSP
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final Verdict
The Pentair 342001 is a durable, powerful, and above all, efficient pool pump. This means that it is versatile enough to cater to every pool’s needs. The primary function of any pool pump is to ensure that you don’t have to worry about the maintenance of your swimming pool. This pool pump ensures that this aspect is taken care of.
The pool pump also goes above and beyond to keep itself up to date. This is done through self-cleaning facilities and other features that make it resistant to damage. Hence, when you invest in the Pentair 342001 pool pump, you are also investing in a worry-free summer.