Pool covers are the best and productive way to minimize the evaporation from your indoor or outdoor swimming pools when it is not in use, thus cutting off the cost of hiring professionals to heat the pools. However, you must get rid of the water off of the Pool cover’s top before removing it to enjoy the pool again. Although this water can be drained off with a garden hose or excavated with a bucket it will take forever but a much more effective and less time taking method is to use a pool cover pump.
There are various pool pumps available in the market from a variety of manufactures but Superior pump are the finest makers of Pool cover pumps which lasts longer than others. Superior pump 91250 Pool cover pump is their superlative product as they use high-quality gears like windings of copper, stainless steel carrying shaft seals that are heavy duty, and a series of split capacitors that can be controlled electronically.
About the Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump
The Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump is an ideal and must-have appliance for your Swimming pool maintenance. The Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump is made of thermoplastic material with ¼ HP and can sit underwater as it is submersible. This pool cover pump can move up to 1800 gallons of water with a power cord that is almost 10 feet long and garden hose.
The Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump has the ability to lift water that goes as high as 25′ of vertically thus making it ideal for larger and deeper swimming pools. It can handle up to almost 1/9th of an inch of solids and can separate out large fragments as it is fitted out with a suction screen. The Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump is UL/CUL listed as well as certified by the CSA.
Features Of Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump
- Ultimate flow rate – it has an 1800 GPH flow rate which is a tremendous flow rate and can drain the water out in almost an hour
- Electric motor – it is armed with a 0.25 HP electric motor which
- 10 ft, power cord
- Lightweight – It has a dimension of 12 x 7 x 7 inches and a weight of almost 5 pounds
- AC power- It has an AC power source
- Voltage – It operates only on 120V
- Horsepower – It has a powerful 0.25 HP
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives for the Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump
As with any best pool filter pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool filter pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump.
Advantages of the Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump
- It has a thermoplastic structure which makes sure of its prolonged existence and performance as well.
- It can tolerate vibration, snow, ice, dirt which makes it even more beneficial
- Its installation and use is very simple and anyone can use it with no difficulty
- The Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cove Pump has a detachable suction screen which ensures grass pieces, leaves, etc. do not block the pump.
- It can pump 1800 GPH so its time-efficient
- You can use it with different products according to your preferences
Potential Disadvantages of the Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump
- The Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cove Pump comes with only a 1-year warranty.
- It has a flat-based plate that might get rusted easily.
- It does not have an automatic shut-off feature
Alternatives to the Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump
While this pool filter pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Superior Pump 91250 Pool Cover Pump.
- Little Giant Pool Cover Pump
- Wayne Pool Cover Pump
- Superior Pump 91330
- Ocean Blue Pool Cover Pump
- Superior Pump 92341
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool filter pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our Final verdict
The Superior Pump 91250 is the finest Pool Cover Pump by The superior pump and is highly durable and can perform extraordinarily in large pools too. It can suck up to 1800 gallons of water with in minimal time.
Its powerful motor makes all the suction work done by the pool covers an easy and quick task thus giving tough competition to other pool cover pumps with standard-sized hoses.
The Superior Pump Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump has been the first choice for everyone because it is one of the best units you can easily buy.