The process of sanitation is very important for providing a healthy environment and preventing waterborne disease. For private pools, the Superior Pump 92341 electric pumps are used to recirculate the water and pass it through filters. Swimming pools that are used commercially usually run for 24 hours, but in private homes the hours are much fewer. It could be as low as 3 to 4 hours per day in the winters and upto 8 hours in the summers. To prevent leaves from entering the pump’s impeller section there is a small basket of the filter inside it.
About The Superior pump 92341
It is constructed of cast iron. It has 1/3 horsepower. Its performance is about 2760 GPH. its power source is ac. it is available in black color. Its length is 7.25 inches, width is 7.75 inches and height is 11.5 inches. It is tested 100% by the factory. The amount of water it moves is 2760 gallons in just one hour. The motor plate is sealed with two tomes. The windings of the motor are of solid copper.
Spilled capacitors are controlled electronically. The solids of about 3/8 inches can be handled by it. To filter the large debris, it uses a suction screen. It has a warranty of 3 years. The impeller of a superior pump is tested which shows its good performance. There is no battery included in it and does not require any battery.
Superior pump 92341 Pool Cover Pump Features
- It has a very convenient carrying handle.
- It is one piece constructed of cast iron.
- It has a discharge of 1-½ inches NPT.
- It has power cod of 10 feet
- it is eco-friendly as oil lubrication is used which is quite long.
- It has thermal overload protection.
- It is operated at 120 volts with 4.1 volts.
- The hardware is of stainless steel.
- The intake screen is removable.
- The driver shaft is stainless steel.
- The impeller is of stainless steel.
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives for the superior pump 92341
As with any best pool filter pump option, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception.
We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this pool filter pump from all angles, though. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Superior pump 92341 Pool Cover Pump.
Advantages of superior pump 92341
- It has an automatic switch depending on the water level it automatically on and off.
- Because of its piggyback power, it can be used both manually and automatically.
- It is very easy to clean and it is removable.
- Because of the screen filter, the debris cannot enter the impeller and it prolongs the life of the pump.
- As cast iron is heavy because it keeps planted the pump in the pit.
- It has a discharge pipe of 1 ½ inch.
- It is certified by CSA.
- It has a warranty of 3 years.
- It is thermally protected as the 1/3 superior pump continues.
- The impeller is tested and reliable to use.
A potential disadvantage of superior pump 92341
- It is a heavier pump.
- It is expensive as compared to other pumps.
Alternatives for the superior pump 92341
While this pool filter pump is a solid option, it’s always good to have alternatives. This is especially true when you only want the best for what is likely one of the most expensive things in your home: your pool.
As such, below are a few alternative options to the Superior pump 92341 Pool Cover Pump.
- Pumps Away Pool Cover Pump
- Superior Pump 91250
- Little Giant Pool Cover Pump
- Wayne Pool Cover Pump
- Superior Pump 91330
Looking for some additional resources for your burning pool filter pump related questions? We answer some of the following questions in these articles:
- How to prime a pool pump?
- What size pump do I need for my above ground pool?
- How long should I run my pool pump?
- How to replace a pool pump motor?
- How to circulate pool water without a pump?
Our final verdict
Its performance is quite well as it transfers 720 gallons of water at 20 feet in just one hour and 1800 gallons at 10 feet and 2760 gallons at 0 feet in just one hour. It is efficient and it has a dual; seal which does not allow the water to enter the motor which in results extend the life of the pump.
It has two gears one is to start the pimp and the second one is for efficiency. As the intake screen is removable as a result cleaning is also easy. It has a warranty of 3 years as it shows it’s a reliable choice and durable. Motor windings are 100% solid copper.